Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) offers a wide variety of opportunities and experiences for students to build up their knowledge on industries such as public relations, communications and marketing. Let’s go over a few of the many benefits that come with being a dues-paying member.
When you pay dues each year, you are not only a member of the Ohio University chapter, Scripps PRSSA, but you are also a member of a much larger community – PRSSA National. PRSSA National offers its own unique benefits including scholarships totaling over $36,000, access to the annual ICON conference, group competitions like Bateman, an internship database and more. Click here to learn more about the benefits of becoming a member of PRSSA National.
Now, here are the benefits of becoming a dues-paying member of Scripps PRSSA:
- Mentorship Programs – Scripps PRSSA has two membership programs – the professional mentorship program and the peer mentorship program. This is a great way to network and build relationships inside and outside of the classroom, and at a professional level.
- Weekly External Update – Each week, you will receive an email from our Vice President of Member Relations filled with internship and job opportunities both locally, and nationally.
- Internship Database – You will receive full access to our detailed internship database, filled with previous internship positions held by Bobcats and their contact information if you want to connect with them and learn more.
- Networking Trips – From the annual PRSA ICON conference to individual chapter trips, you will be able to join in on the fun and travel with Scripps PRSSA! Dues-paying members get first dibs on once-in-a-lifetime networking trips.
- Committees – Dues-paying members are welcome to join any of our three committees; publicity, special events and diversity. Committees allow you to build your portfolio, build relationships, and help our chapter run smoothly.
- Leadership Positions – Dues-paying members are eligible to apply for any of the executive board positions. Applications and elections for the following year occur every spring semester. Learn more about our executive board here.
- Star Member Awards – Star Member Awards are awarded to Scripps PRSSA members who pay dues and meet other criteria such as attending 75% of chapter meetings, writing for the blog or newsletter or joining a committee. Learn more about becoming a Star Member here.
- Chapter Events – As a dues-paying member, you have complete access to all chapter events which provide various opportunities to make friends, network with professionals and learn something new.
Paying your dues is just the beginning. Scripps PRSSA provides students with the professional skills and personal relationships that will help to build a successful career, no matter what industry that student decides to go in. Act fast and jump on this opportunity because Scripps PRSSA dues are due November 1!