Scripps PRSSA welcomed Brigitte Meisse to the meeting on November 29. Brigitte is currently a Employee Communications Rep leading communications efforts for aeronautics engineering. Prior to Northrop Grumman, she has worked in a variety of industries including live entertainment, health care, news, travel/tourism, and higher education. These experiences have taken her from the corporate, Fortune 500 world to agency life. Brigitte is a 2019 graduate of Ohio University where she majored in Journalism – Strategic Communication and Communication Studies. During her time at Ohio University, Brigitte was actively involved in PRSSA and served as Chapter President from 2018-2019. She currently lives in Los Angeles with her new husband and two cats.
- Use a Microsoft Word resume, nothing too fancy.
- Take the excitement you have by your accomplishments and use them to drive you.
- Where you start may not be where you end up.
- Don’t comparing yourself to your peers.
- Mentorship programs go both ways.
- Take advantage of PRSSA, PRSSA National and PRSA resources.
- Get a hobby!
- Make time for yourself.
- Explore Athens!
- No one can prepare you for life after college, give yourself time to adjust.
- Be grateful for where you are now!
Connect with Brigitte on LinkedIn here.