Dan Farkas is a Lecturer of Strategic Communication at Ohio State University, where he teaches courses on research, strategy, content creation, measurement, and analytics. The BBC and Mashable are some of the media outlets that have featured Dan as a thought leader on the changing landscape of strategic communication and how we can make the most of it. Dan is also a business owner who practices the craft when not chasing late homework assignments or his two kids. His campaign efforts have earned recognition from PRSA and the Ohio Society of Association Executives. He helped clients received media coverage with the Washington Post, ESPN, NPR, and Associated Press. He is a Ohio University alumnus and previously taught here for seven years.
- “Stop the underdog narrative, because together we can do great things.”
- Ask three questions to find core messaging:
- who wants you to succeed?
- what is your future audience?
- who benefits?
- “Brand the brand or someone else will.”
- You can learn a lot from surrounding media, such as music.
- Lead on ethics, DE & I and whatever new tool is coming down the road.
Connect with Dan on LinkedIn here.