Why should you join PRSSA?
As a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), you have access to a wide range of benefits that will enhance your knowledge of the public relations profession and provide you with resources and a network that will prepare you for a career. You will have opportunities to attend local, regional and national events, network with professionals and peers, obtain access to internship and job openings and participate in a variety of workshops, committees and activities to build your resume.
“The network and friendships you are able to build through PRSSA is unbelievably helpful. I can think of no career decision I have made that has been more directly beneficial to me than membership in PRSSA and PRSA.”
-MJ Clark, President at MJ Clark Communications
“Scripps PRSSA helped me to develop as a professional while gaining personal connections. I feel more qualified at my internship than I would’ve if I didn’t participate in PRSSA. At the end of the day, being in PRSSA raised the bar of excellence that I set for myself.”
– Gentry Bennett, former Scripps PRSSA president and PR Intern at Dolby Laboratories
Scripps PRSSA Chapter membership benefits:
- Peer and Professional Mentor ProgramParticipate in the Mentor/Mentee Program and related social events throughout the year.
- CommitteesJoin one of three Chapter Committees including Publicity, Diversity and Special Events.
- Networking TripsDues-paying members get first dibs on registering for networking trips.
- Leadership PositionsYou get access to running for executive board, participating in Bateman, being a peer mentor and joining Chapter committees.
- External UpdateEach week you’ll receive an email full of local and national internship and job opportunities.
- Internship DatabaseYou get access to a database of internships that past Bobcats have held and also see their contact information if you are interested in the role they held.
- Free PR BootcampEach semester Scripps PRSSA holds a special event where members get professional development tips on resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, networking, press release writing, social media, personal branding and more. Dues-paying members can attend for FREE!
- Eligibility for Star Membership AwardBy paying dues and meeting certain criteria, you can obtain this award and use it on your resume, in interviews and to set you apart when looking for leadership roles within the Chapter.
National PRSSA membership benefits:
- Scholarships and AwardsBe recognized for your accomplishments or get money for your education through one of the many scholarships and awards offered by PRSSA each year.
- National ConferenceGet a discounted rate when you attend the annual National Conference.
- Competitions Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom, add to your portfolio and work with high-profile clients by taking the opportunity to compete in one of our many case study competitions such as Bateman.
- MyPRSA Job and Internship Center Visit PRSSA’s online database of internship and job contacts, available exclusively to dues-paying members. Get job-hunting tips, upload your resume and find the most recent internship and job opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to this site.
- Regional Conference and National AssemblyGo beyond OHIO and represent Scripps PRSSA and yourself at a regional conference with area Chapters or attend the National Assembly to run for National Committee as a delegate, or to support our Chapter delegate.
- Discounted PRSA MembershipYour cost to join the professional version of PRSSA after graduation will be lower.
- Leadership Add to your resume and gain leadership experience by running for an office on the PRSSA National Committee or as a Regional Ambassador.
- MyPRSA LoginYou will gain access to professional contacts, case studies and webinars.
How do you join PRSSA?
Join us every Monday at 6 p.m. in Schoonover Center room 450. If you like what you see, you can become a dues-paying member. Dues are $80 and cover you for an entire year. Cash or a checks written to PRSSA can be turned into the VP of Finance during any PRSSA event.
You do not have to pay dues to come to PRSSA meetings, but only dues-paying members have access to the benefits above!
To learn more, feel free to contact any member of our executive board or email us at email@example.com!