Why should you join PRSSA?
As a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), you have access to a wide range of benefits that will enhance your knowledge of the public relations profession and provide you with resources and a network that will prepare you for a career. You will have opportunities to attend local, regional and national events, network with professionals and peers, obtain access to internship and job openings and participate in a variety of workshops, committees and activities to build your resume.
“The network and friendships you are able to build through PRSSA is unbelievably helpful. I can think of no career decision I have made that has been more directly beneficial to me than membership in PRSSA and PRSA.”
-MJ Clark, President at MJ Clark Communications
“Scripps PRSSA helped me to develop as a professional while gaining personal connections. I feel more qualified at my internship than I would’ve if I didn’t participate in PRSSA. At the end of the day, being in PRSSA raised the bar of excellence that I set for myself.”
– Gentry Bennett, former Scripps PRSSA president and PR Intern at Dolby Laboratories
What your Ohio University PRSSA membership offers
- Learn about the industry first-hand from weekly visiting professionals. Last year’s speakers came from Fahlgren Mortine, Nationwide Insurance, the Chicago Cubs, Topgolf and many more!
- Attend workshops and panels to build, maintain and target your resume and portfolio for internships and jobs.
- Network with professionals and students that can not only offer you advice, but also can connect you to future jobs and internships.
- Participate in the mentor mentee program and various social events throughout the year, such as our Thanksgiving dinner.
- Build your resume and portfolio by running for a leadership position, writing for our PR Success newsletter or joining a committee.
- Volunteer at philanthropy events for local organizations that you love.
What your national PRSSA membership offers
- Scholarships and Awards
- Be recognized for your accomplishments or get money for your education through one of the many scholarships and awards offered by PRSSA each year.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom, add to your portfolio and work with high-profile clients by taking the opportunity to compete in one of our many case study competitions.
- Add to your resume and gain leadership experience by running for an office in the PRSSA National Committee.
- JobCenter and Internship Center
- Visit PRSSA’s online database of internship and job contacts, available exclusively to dues-paying members. Get job-hunting tips, upload your resume and find the most recent internship and job opportunities. Email email@example.com to get access to this site.
- News and Intelligence
- Stay current on industry news and the latest trends in public relations through PRSSA and PRSA news and intelligence resources.
- Social Media
- Start discussions and connect with PRSSA members from all over the nation by joining in to PRSSA on social media. PRSSA National also hosts monthly Twitter chats with #PRSSA.
How do you join PRSSA?
Join us every Monday at 6 p.m. in the Friends of the Library Room (third floor of Alden). If you like what you see, you can become a dues-paying member. Dues are $80 and cover you for an entire year. Cash or a checks written to PRSSA can be turned into the VP of Finance during any PRSSA event.
You do not have to pay dues to come to PRSSA meetings, but only dues-paying members have access to our listserv, receive national updates, get access to our internship/job database, attend national events and run for an executive board positions.
To learn more, feel free to contact any member of our executive board or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!