By Demari Muff
Happy week 11 everyone! Here is the recap from our meeting this week:
- Scripps PRSSA is headed to Chicago is this Thursday March 26! Follow along with our journey using the hashtag #ScrippsPRSSAtoChi
- Interested in attending a PRSSA regional conference? The PaRtners Conference is close by! It’s on April 18th at Capital University
- Another conference opportunity: YouToo Social Media conference on April 10th at Kent State
- Athens beatification Day is April 19th, see Megan Newton for more info if you want to get involved!
- ImPRessions is having a professional development workshop on Thursday in Walter room 145 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Be sure to follow international week on twitter @OHIOIweek and stay tuned for upcoming contest
- This weeks Member spotlight is Allison Arnold be sure to give her a shout out on twitter @allison_arnoldd
Welcome, Holly Gillentine!
This week’s fantastic guest speaker was Holly Gillentine. The focus of her presentation was the changing landscape of communications. There’s no such thing as traditional or online media anymore. It’s blurred into one and anyone can deliver it.
“60% of reporters use social media as a news outlet.” This makes me even more determined to get my Social Media Certificate #ScrippsPRSSA 😼
— hallie ruth (@ruthhallie) March 23, 2015
— Gary Bridgens (@garingiscaring) March 23, 2015
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” –Albert Einstein
— Marisa Fiore (@MarisaFiore1) March 23, 2015
— Mira Kuhar (@mirakuhar) March 23, 2015
There’s no such thing as traditional or online media anymore. It’s blurred into one and anyone can deliver it. We now know that sources are becoming wider and that 50% of the stories on twitter come from traditional media and that 44% of Americans rely on friends for news. Brands need insights, ideas, integration, and engagement. She closed with this advice “Find your passion and love what you do.”
— Mimi Nemec (@mimayynemec) March 23, 2015
— Megan Newton (@_megannewton) March 23, 2015
Be sure to follow Holly Gilllentine on twitter @hgillentine!