What is a Star Member?
Scripps PRSSA offers all members the opportunity to achieve a Star Member status. Members can excel and become a Star Member by exhibiting professional excellence as well as meeting various requirements that show their dedication to the Chapter and public relations field. Specifically, Star Members must be a dues-paying member and showcase three of the bullets below.
Once members earn their Scripps PRSSA Star Member certificates, we encourage them to showcase their accomplishment on their resume and LinkedIn.
- Dues-paying membership
- Attend 75 percent of meetings
- Attend 50 percent of events
- Join the peer and/or professional mentor program
- Member of 1804 Communication
- Write for Scripps PRSSA’s blog or newsletter, PR Success, per semester
- Write for PRSSA National’s blog, Progressions, annually
- Join one or multiple of our Chapter’s committees
- Serve on our Chapter’s Bateman Case Study Competition Team
Interested in learning more or becoming a Star Member? Contact Rebekah Green, VP of Member Relations, at email@example.com.