What is a Star Member?
Scripps PRSSA offers all members the opportunity to achieve a Star Member status. Members can excel and become a Star Member by exhibiting professional excellence as well as meeting various requirements that show their dedication to the Chapter and public relations field. Specifically, Star Members must be a dues-paying member and showcase three of the bullets below.
Once members earn their Scripps PRSSA Star Member certificates, we encourage them to showcase their accomplishment on their resume and LinkedIn.
- Dues-paying membership.
- Attend 75 percent of meetings.
- Attend 50 percent of events.
- Join the Peer Mentorship Program.
- Join the Professional Mentorship Program.
- Member of 1804 Communication.
- Write for Scripps PRSSA’s blog or newsletter, PR Success, per semester.
- Write for PRSSA National’s blog, Progressions, annually.
- Join one or multiple of our Chapter’s committees.
- Serve on our Chapter’s Bateman Case Study Competition Team.
Interested in learning more or becoming a Star Member? Contact Allison Young, VP of Member Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.