By Demari Muff
Scripps PRSSA started out strong this week with another great PRSSA meeting:
- PaRtners Conference is Saturday, April 18th at Capital University from 8:30am-4:30pm
- YouToo Social Media conference is on April 10th at Kent State University from 10am-4pm
- Athens beautification Day is April 19th and we will be planting flowers with the girls scouts so be sure to contact Megan Newton if you wish to be involved!
- If you are a Graduating Senior and want a PRSSA cord for graduation please contact Cidnye
- This weeks member spotlight is Sammie Fisher! Be sure to follow her on twitter @sammiefisher3!
Welcome, Danny Cox!
This weeks awesome guest speaker was Danny Cox and his presentation focused on hospitality, travel and pursuing a digital career.
“To be a brand, you must live the story it’s telling.” Great insight, @DannyCox! #ScrippsPRSSA
— Megan Newton (@_megannewton) March 30, 2015
It is important to be T-shaped and that means having a broad area of skills and knowledge with maybe one area of deep focus.
Advice for all seniors. Be prepared to zig zag in your career. #ScrippsPRSSA pic.twitter.com/PzQ7hPn3gZ — Melaina Lewis (@melaina_lewis) March 30, 2015
In travel & tourism PR, your audience is very specific. “More like a sniper rifle, rather than a shotgun,”
“Be vocal, be connected, be friendly.” @DannyCox #ScrippsPRSSA
— Lindsey Zimmerman (@lindseyzim716) March 30, 2015
Be sure to make yourself available for different opportunities.
Scripps PRSSA wants to give Danny a huge thank you for coming in and speaking to our chapter! Make sure to follow @DannyCox!