By Demari Muff
As the end of the semester nears, Scripps PRSSA is ending on a strong note. This week’s meeting might be the second to last, but we still have a lot of great things going on.
- April 15th we will be having a cookout with Ad club at 60 Mill St. Contact Megan Newton if you would like to contribute a food dish!
- Athens beautification Day is April 19th and we will be planting flowers with the girls scouts so be sure to contact Megan Newton if you wish to be involved!
- Partners Conference is coming up and it will be at Capital University in Columbus on April 18th
- Next week there will be a networking opportunity with PR 20/20 for juniors and seniors Thursday April 16th. Contact Ben Clos for more info!
- The end of the year banquet is on Monday April 20th in place of the regular meeting, be sure to RSVP here by this Wednesday. Also, don’t forget to fill out superlatives here!
- International week is next week and they will be tabling all week be sure to stop by and take a picture with them. You could win a spot in the new dorms!
- This weeks member spotlight is Hallie Ruth! Be sure to follow her on twitter @ruthhallie
Welcome, Todd Kubli!
This weeks fantastic guest speaker was Todd Kubli Sports Marketing Senior Consultant at Nationwide.
Talk about strategic planning – Nationwide Insurance uses sports marketing to build their brand and awareness of services. #ScrippsPRSSA
— Melaina Lewis (@melaina_lewis) April 6, 2015
The presentation was mainly focused on sports marketing in specific NASCAR and the use of sports marketing to build a brand
Nationwide’s objectives include interacting and engaging with fans of the sport and one of the ways they went about this was through Dale Earnhart Jr.
Never knew you could have rights to a hashtag. Will have to keep that in mind in the future! #ScrippsPRSSA
— Ben Clos (@BenClos1) April 6, 2015
Todd also shared the lessons he learned from working in this field:
- Content is King
- Use all of your assets
- Prepare for real time
- Review, Review, Review
- Marketing mix of paid, earned, and owned
— Cidnye Weimer (@CidnyeWeimer) April 6, 2015
A huge thanks to Todd Kubli and to everyone who came out last night, and we’ll see you next Monday at 6 for our last meeting of the semester!