The annual Bateman Case Study Competition is now underway and the Scripps PRSSA Bateman team needs your help. Each year PRSSA National picks one client for chapters across the nation to research, plan and implement a campaign. This year’s client is the Campaign to Change Direction. The goal of the campaign is to change the culture and understanding of mental health. Scripps PRSSA’s team has been working hard since November to develop an appropriate strategy. All of the research and planning has led to A Month of Mindfulness: Understanding Mental Health.
How to get involved:
- Attend our events!
- Mental Health Movie Night: Monday, February 20 from 8:00-10:30 p.m. in Schoonover 450
- Three movie options with a central theme revolving around mental health will be presented for attendees to vote on. There will be a short discussion to follow. Free food will be provided!
- 5 Signs Pledge Event: Thursday, February 23 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the Schoonover Lower Atrium
- Come take a short pledge to understand the 5 signs of emotional suffering. After doing so, you will have full access to a free ice cream sundae bar!
- Yoga Night: Wednesday, March 1; Time and location TBD
- Come get your zen on and learn about one of the many techniques to improve your emotional well-being.
- Poetry Night: Tuesday, March 14; Time and location TBD
- Relax and enjoy a night of mental health inspired poetry.
Here is the poster of this week’s event schedule: a-month-of-mindfulness-poster
- Participate in our Instagram campaign!
- Post a picture of something you do that helps to improve your emotional well-being with #MindfulMentalHealth and then tag two friends and challenge them to do the same.
- Connect with us on social media!
- Follow along with all of the latest information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Mindful_Month
- Check out our blog!
- This month we will be featuring various articles about mental health, ways to improve your emotional well-being, how to get help and so much more.
- If you are interested in blogging for us, contact Brigitte at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you in advance for all of your support. By coming together as a chapter, we can all #ChangeMentalHealth.
This blog is brought to you by Ohio University’s Bateman team and written by Brigitte Meisse. Brigitte is a sophomore Strategic Communications and Communications Studies double major. Follow her on Twitter @Meisse2Spicy!