- Tweet along with us at #ScrippsPRSSA
- There is still time to blog for ScrippsPRSSA.org and gain some portfolio pieces! Contact Brigitte if you are interested.
- 1804 Communication leadership applications are coming up!
- Bateman: Their final event is Tuesday, March 6 at 7 p.m.
- Run for PRSSA Executive Board! There will be another info session this Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Scripps 116. Resumes and cover letters are due March 25. You must meet with the current position holder if you plan to run.
- Resume consulting Fundraiser: Have PRSSA Eboard design your resume!
- There will be a St. Patty’s social on March 22 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Save the Date: PaRtners Conference April 21
- Sign up for a national PRSSA competition about Organ Donation! If you want to be on the Scripps PRSSA team, send your resume and cover letter to the gmail by Friday, March 23 at 5 p.m.
- Member Spotlight: Lauren Dalton
This week we welcomed Aaron Brown, executive vice president at Fahlgren Mortine!
- An agency gives you a great perspective into all of the industries that make our world run.
- Actual intelligence is still extremely important in a world of artificial intelligence. Know how to balance the two.
- Learn analytics! Take a class, learn from Google Analytics, Hubspot, Marketo, etc.
- Run through walls in relationships (go talk to someone), versatility (know the full realm of communication), quality and motivation.
- Don’t sit in a meeting on your phone. Take something to write with (and tell the room if you are going to type). Your summer isn’t about you (be confidently humble). Don’t restrain yourself with “by the book” work. Look up and see the world!
- Read the headlines each day and see what’s going on in the world.
- There is a pride in being a Bobcat. You are an experience! Own being a Bobcat.
- Data is just data unless there is an insight with it.