Scripps PRSSA was more than pleased to welcome Cision’s Katie Speice, Senior Account Executive and Courtney Moser, Account Executive to speak to the Chapter.
Katie works with about 150 clients and her favorite’s to work with include Hennessy, PGA and Allegiant Air.
Courtney has about 350 clients at one time. She is focused on mid-market clients ranging from a small restaurant to higher education universities.
Here are some takeaways about the company:
- Cision is an earned media communications software company.
- They are the parents company of PR Newswire, Trendkite, Cision, Vocus, Falcon.io and Bulletin Intelligence.
- They handle press release distribution through the Cision network both locally and globally. The Cision communications cloud where clients can track down influencers and media contacts that can enhance the message being sent.
- The company’s software can use graphics to illustrate how campaigns are doing. Their monitoring tools can show which hashtags, key words, posts and social media users are getting the most attention.
- Their internship program involves a full rotation of the different departments in the company.
Here are some takeaways about professional life:
- It’s okay to take time off after college and do a part time job, shadow at companies and keep connecting with Bobcats.
- Think about setting goals for your first six months after graduation so you can maintain the fire you had while in the midst of Ohio University life.
- Company culture is so much more than ping pong tables in the office. It’s about the people and relationships you build. You want to work for a company that lifts you up and works with you as you work for them.
Cade Fleming is a junior Journalism-Strategic Communication major and current Scripps PRSSA VP of PR. Keep up with him on Twitter @cade_fleming