Scripps PRSSA was more than pleased to welcome Toby Fallsgraff from to speak to the Chapter.
Toby Fallsgraff is a managing director at the digital strategy agency Do Big Things, heading up the teams that design and execute top-notch, people-centric digital campaigns—from email strategy to digital advertising to social media. He has more than a decade of experience in digital communications, including two tours in digital leadership on presidential campaigns. Outside of political campaigns, Toby has worked in digital strategy for Solar City and worked for four years at M+R Strategic Services, where he consulted for many nonprofit organizations. Toby currently lives in Chicago with his wife, Laura, his daughter, Ruby, and his acrobatic cat, Rutherford B. Hayes.
Key highlights include:
- How do you optimize email? Email marketers are constantly checking these sorts of things because with email, a lot is at stake.
- Email’s role in electing Barack Obama: 2 million volunteers, inspired 4.5 million people to make at least one donation
- Email has transformed politics by democratizing how campaigns are funded.
- Email is powerful because it’s personal. Relationships matter.
- Prioritizing short-term gains might come back to haunt you in the biggest moments.
Sydney Davis is a senior studying strategic communication and the current VP of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Follow her on Twitter @_sydneyadavis!