Melissa Drellishak is a 2013 graduate of Bowling Green State University as well as the Fashion Institute of Technology. Drellishak has been working at Abercrombie & Fitch since graduation. She spent 8 years on the visual merchandising team and recently managed the men’s international visual team. This led to her current position overseeing the abercrombie kids brand on the site merchandising team.
- The visual merchandising team is responsible for the in-store visual experience, down to the folding of clothes.
- When dealing with international stores, Drellishak was responsible for creating a different experience to fit international shopper’s needs.
- The site merchandising team is responsible for the website experience, down to item descriptions.
- The “North Star” for many companies and marketers is having a target consumer; you can’t be everything to everyone.
- Try to diversify yourself within your niche, in Melissa’s case, retail.
Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn here.
Maxwell Burton is a sophomore studying journalism – strategic communications and pursuing a minor in marketing at Ohio University. He serves as the Vice President of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Connect with him on LinkedIn here.