Welcome back PRSSA superstars! Halloween is over which means it’s socially acceptable to play Christmas music!
- Interested in becoming more involved in PRSSA? Maybe even at an Exec level? Elections for the VP of Social Affairs for Spring semester are coming up! Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by this Friday, November 13. Elections will take place at the next meeting.
- Want to wear your Scripps pride?? We have Scripps Spirit jerseys! The cost is $50-55 depending on the amount of people who order, but who are we kidding, these are priceless. Ordering closes Monday November 16th. Order here!
- The National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) has announced this year’s client: Snapple. The PR portion meets Mondays at 5:00 pm.
- PRSSA National Conference is coming, make sure you follow all our attendees and PRSSA National on twitter to stay up date with what is going on in Atlanta.
- We will celebrate Dad’s Weekend by having a Dads and Doughnuts this Saturday from 11-2 in the Scripps Lobby!
- February 13th is the Scripps Bobcatathon! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our (winning) team.
Congratulations to Alyssa Murtagh for being our Member Spotlight!
Make sure you follow her on Twitter!
This week our speaker was Josh Gordon! He is currently on PRSSA National Committee as the VP of Member Services and he had some great advice about getting the most out of PRSSA.
— Scripps PRSSA (@ScrippsPRSSA) November 2, 2015
— Gary Bridgens (@garingiscaring) November 2, 2015
Josh also mentioned that PRSSA has scholarships and awards, and only 3% of members apply!
Thank you so much for Skyping with us Josh, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Missed this week’s meeting? No worries, we meet (almost) every Monday, and post recaps here!