- You have till February 12th to become a dues-paying member!
- Committees: PR and Social Media, Summit, and Social Affairs. Email email@example.com for more information about joining!
- Bateman: Write for their blog: We love our student vets because… Email Emily Barber if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- PRSSA TSHIRT SALE! We know have Tshirts!! It is $18 and will be open till Wed Feb 24th.
- Networking trip meeting tonight 7pm in RTV 281, please come! We will have ride sign ups, talk about dinner, and other important stuff!
- March 19th is yOUr voice summit! Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining our summit committee.
- 4th annual head shot fundraiser! Head Shot Flier February
- Make scripps your sweetie, check out the tweet below!
— scrippsjschool (@scrippsjschool) February 9, 2016
Member Spotlight: Grace Driscoll @gracedriscoll_
ImPRessions Spotlight: Athens Conservancy! Buy a sticker!
She talked about Southwest’s philosophy: happy employees = happy customers, happy customers = happy shareholders
“hire for attitude, train for skill”
She also talked about their Campus Reach Internship program and the key compentents to the internship!
- Have fun, get paid
- Career Development
- LUV where you work
- Community Service
- Freedom to fly
Interested in applying? Next internship hiring: Fall 2016- February- March
— OUImPRessions (@OUImPRessions) February 8, 2016
Understanding Social Business at Southwest
“We do so much more than tweet”
“We are strategists. our job is to transform Southwest Airlines into a truly social business where social is an indispensable part of the business.”
Some examples of how Southwest Airlines interacts with popular topics and stays relevant.
Advice: Get as much experience as possible! Even if it seems like it is something silly, do it! Any more questions? Ask Gentry Bennett, a former Southwest intern!
Thanks for coming Brie!