Happy Week 6, PRSSA!
- If you want to become a dues-paying member, please turn in the $75 to VP of Finance, Mira, ASAP!
- Tonight we voted to amendment our bylaws. The amendments were as followed: The ImPRessions structure, enumerating new responsibilities for the newly titled, “CEO” of ImPRessions, and removing the Senior and Junior Assistant Directors as voting Executive Board members. The vice president will now oversee a diversity and inclusion committee, Executive Board officers will now be responsible for signing an executive contract, holding them accountable for their actions and duties and the consequences for dereliction of said duties.
- Bateman Case Study Implementation has started! Follow them @SVAatOU and look for their blogs about why our student veterans matter.
- PRSSA t-shirts are on sale now! If you are interested in purchasing one, turn in $18 before February 24.
- With executive board elections coming up, reach out to someone on the board if you are interested in following the.
- February 20 and February 21: We will have our annual headshot fundraiser! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your time slot.
- Wednesday February 24:
- 6:00 to 6:30 – New York Networking Trip Information Session
- 6:30 to 7:00 – Eboard Elections Information Session
- 7:00 to 7:30 – ImPRession Information Session
- 8:00 – Luau Social! Meet up at VP of External Relations, Gentry Bennett’s house!
- March 19: We will be having our yOUr voice summit: Inspiring diversity and advocacy among tomorrow’s communication leaders. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at https://commerce.cashnet.com/ohioscrippsprssa.
Congratulations to Natalie Butko for being our Member Spotlight!
Look out for our ImPRession’s Spotlight, Fangle Magazine!
Make sure to follow them on Twitter!
This week’s speakers were two previous Bobcats, Casey Weinfurtner and Rebekah Thomas, from PR Newswire. They discussed the work PR Newswire does with their clients to make the average news release a little more exciting. They highlighted the work they did by showing a brief video found here: https://vimeo.com/60385081. In short, they described their job with the following tweet:
— Scripps PRSSA (@ScrippsPRSSA) February 15, 2016
PR Newswire emphasizes that compelling content is what works best when competing for the attention of their audiences and a key factor to achieve that is multimedia elements. The company uses what they call a MNR (multimedia news release) to really capture audiences, stating that adding multimedia can increase the views of the release by 16% and the shares by 93%.
— Jess Carnprobst (@jess_carnprobst) February 15, 2016
— Rachel Hartwick (@rachel_hartwick) February 15, 2016
Casey and Rebekah finished their presentation by instilling the idea that there is always a way to make content more interesting. We just have to look for it and use our creative side to make that happen. They emphasized just how important it was to be honest with clients to make their work better and make their stories interesting.
— OUImPRessions (@OUImPRessions) February 15, 2016
Big thanks to Casey and Rebekah for stopping by PRSSA! They’ll be on campus the next couple of days conducting interviews for PR Newswire’s internship program, as well as filling entry-level positions. If you’re interested send an email to email@example.com and we’ll forward your information on. Follow PR Newswire at @PRNewswire and @PRNAlert. Stay warm and we’ll see you next week.