- St. Patrick’s Day social March 17, 2016. 9:00 p.m., at Kelsey Miller’s Apartment. Reach out to Hayley Baldzicki with any questions email@example.com
- Order a Scripps PRSSA/ImPRessions shirt: $15 to Mira
- yOUr Voice Summit: Cancelled. There were issues with planning and low registration, but we appreciate everyone who registered; we wish things would have gone smoother.
- Partner’s Conference is April 2nd at Otterbein University. Contact Kaylee Powers for transportation of ir you are interested.
- GoBus Gives Back: helping Athens County Food Pantry by participating in our Easter egg hunt Wednesday March 23
- Executive Board Applications (Resume and cover letters are) are due this Friday at 10 a.m. if you are interested in running prepare a speech for next Monday’s meeting. Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org For VP of Visual Communications, you also need to sumbit three portfolio pieces.
- Impressions EVP applications (Kelsey and Austin’s old positions and VP of Consulting) due Friday at 5 p.m.
Member Spotlight: Executive Board!
ImPRessions Spotlight: AVW Productions
AVW Week this week: Follow @AVWProductions to follow along
Our Speaker was Shonali Burke!
Shonali Started her own Social PR Consulting agency which has been going strong for 7+ years, however she has a lot of experience within small and large agency, in-house experience with ASPCA.
Shonali spoke about the real world and what to be prepared for, including:
- Prepare to pay your dues: No matter what you’ve done in school, you’re essentially starting from scratch
- Get friendly with research, analytics and measurement: “Context isn’t possible without numbers and begin exploring analytics
- Good writers will never be out of a job
- Say “yes” a lot: We will have to make time for our work life. Look for ways in which we can show our strengths
- Say no a lot… later on
- Don’t lose your integrity: There will be times you have to make a decision whether or not you want to continue employment, or if you will want to maintain integrity
- Be prepared to pivot
Thanks for the insightful advice, @shonali! Have a great week with @scrippsjschool! #ScrippsPRSSA pic.twitter.com/5cwlA3tREm
— Scripps PRSSA (@ScrippsPRSSA) March 14, 2016
You can join her e-mail list to read up this week on what she is speaking to other JSchool classes about at: http://shona.li/scrippsschool
Thank you so much for speaking to us Shonali! We hope to see our member back next week for election!