Did you miss our first meeting of the year? No worries, here is everything you missed!
- Hot Diggity Dog! We have our first social on Wednesday Sept. 13 at RiverGate from 7-9 p.m. Join us for some food, swimming, and mingling.
- Our headshot fundraiser will take place the week of Sept. 18. Stay tuned for more information.
- Get matched with a mentor or mentee! Talk to our VP of Member Relations, Alyssa, for more information.
- Member spotlights will start next week! We will feature one member who has shown outstanding dedication to our Chapter.
- Write for our blog of Chapter newsletter! This serves as an awesome way to get more involved in our Chapter and can be used as portfolio pieces. Contact our VP of Public Relations, Brigitte, for more information.
What is in your book bag?
- We put everything in our bag that we need to prepare for our day and this still happens when you get a job post-graduation.
- College stressors and work stressors are the same, but all the stress you face in life will pay off.
- Everything you are doing now is helping you to prepare for real life.
How can you prepare?
- There is no set in stone schedule in your work day. Get ready to adapt and always be on the move.
- Join PRSSA and 1804 Communication, get an internship, network, lead something, volunteer, embrace your quirks, be self aware and have fun!
It’s okay to not have a job right when you graduate. Take some time to find a place that matches your professional values.
That’s all for now! Join us next week at 6 p.m. in the Friends of the Library Room for our next meeting. If you can’t make it, you can watch our Live stream on Facebook or check back here for another meeting recap!
This meeting recap was brought to you by Brigitte Meisse, our VP of Public Relations. Interested in writing our next recap? Let her know by reaching out on Twitter @meisse2spicy