- Tweet along with us at #ScrippsPRSSA!
- We are having a Chipotle Fundraiser on Tues. Jan. 30 5-9 p.m. Be sure to show them
this flier at check out!
- Networking Trips: We are going to Charlotte, NC and Columbus, OH! Charlotte has room for one-two more people so email the gmail immediately if you are interested in attending. If you are going to Columbus, intents-to-attend are due to the gmail by Feb. 23 at 11:59 p.m. Contact Brigitte (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sadie (email@example.com) for more information.
- Blog for PRSSA! Sign up here and contact Brigitte for more information.
- Have you had a cool internship? Contribute to our internship database! Email Sadie with the job information.
- Our Bateman team will be hosting focus groups on Wednesday, help them out!
- Dues are $80 and due by Feb. 16. If you paid in the fall, they are good for an entire year. We now have a venmo @ScrippsPRSSA
- Member Spotlight: Janie Dulaney @janiedul18
This week we welcomed Jill Cullinan, Integrated Marketing Solutions!
- Experience is more important than a GPA.
- You might not know what you want to do right now, but you figure that out as you do internships and get more experience.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something, but be sure to always look at the big picture.
- Always think of who, what, where, when, why, and how.
- There is nothing wrong with asking for help.
- Network, network, network!
- The first time you talk to someone, you aren’t selling anything. You are trying to make them your friend. Listen and let them talk.
- When doing an assignment, always take it one step further.
- Go to an interview with six questions you already know the answer to.
- Jill started her own PR firm and if you want to do something like that, make a plan now.