- Tweet along with us at #ScrippsPRSSA
- Tuesday was our Chipotle Fundraiser!
- Networking Trips: We will be going to Charlotte, NC and Columbus, OH. If you want to attend our Columbus trip, an intent-to-attend is due to email@example.com.
- Blogging: Write for Scripps PRSSA! Sign up here and email Brigitte (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- Internship database: Email Sadie (email@example.com) with any internships you had in the past. The internship database password will be released to dues-paying members next week.
- Dues are $80 and due Feb. 16. We now have a Venmo account!
- Member Spotlight: @katem_ryan44
This week we welcomed Nicole Bersani, Digital Media Coordinator for the Chicago Cubs!
- Sports and social media are long days, but it’s worth it when you love your job.
- There may be a position out there that you don’t even know exists (that was social media for her).
- Strong writing skills are still important when you work on social media!
- It’s so important to know someone to get your foot in the door for a job or internship.
- MLB technically owns all digital rights for all the club. At first it was confusing, but now they’ve become more of a resource. MLB employ photographers, which comes in handy for social, especially during away games.
- A lot of their posts are planned out for important events, but a lot of their posts are real time.
- Her senior year, she started applying about now. She got her first job because she went on the Chapter’s networking trip! (So come with us).
- Get your finances in check and save up as much money as possible during that first year post-grad.
- To make your internship application stand out, don’t let your resume be the same for every position. Tailor it to the application and show them your strengths with examples.
- They provide guidance for players posting, but they don’t do it for them. They teach the players social media best practices.
- Agencies tend to have an approval process but that’s not her experience in corporate.