- Tweet with us at #ScrippsPRSSA
- The Charlotte networking trip went amazing!
- There was a Columbus networking trip meeting on Tuesday.
- Sign up here to blog!
- We skyped the Intern Queen on Monday after the meeting.
- PR Newswire and Cision are interviewing this week.
- The headshot fundraiser will be Feb. 21 and 22. Register now.
- Bateman starts on Feb. 15 (this week!)
- There will be an Executive Board Elections info session on Feb. 26. Come learn about what it takes to run our Chapter next year! Resumes and cover letters are due by March 25.
- Dues are $80 and due this Friday.
- Member spotlight: Mallory Jones
- The PRSSA National President, Andrew Cook, is coming to our meeting next week! Come meet him and learn all about your benefits as a national member.
- We are having a mentor mentee philanthropy event and lip sync battle this Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
This week we welcomed Emily Barber and Christopher Horn of American Forests! American Forests is the nation’s oldest conservation organization. They are located in Washington D.C. and work to restore natural ecosystems and bring attention to the value of urban forests.
- One of their major pieces of owned media is a magazine for members and a blog that is constantly updated.
- They travel around the country to advocate and restore the trees!
- They are accepting interns in multiple departments.
- Nonprofit communication is complicated. You need to be resourceful and back up everything you do.
- Even though there’s no product, there’s still a product.
- When you’re a freshman, chill out, explore, figure out what you like and maybe get an internship.
- When you’re a sophomore, get more involved, make connections and probably get an internship.
- When you’re a junior, become a leader, develop a skill and definitely get an internship. This is when it gets competitive.
- When you’re a senior, BREATHE, use your connections, trust the process and get the job!