Scripps PRSSA was more than pleased to welcome Sydney Clancy from Hometeam to speak to the Chapter.
Sydney graduated from Ohio University in 2017 with a Bachelors of Specialized Studies in Public Relations and Social Media Marketing. Post-graduation, she worked as a Leasing Manager in student housing and for the Northern Kentucky Convention and Visitors Bureau as a Marketing Coordinator. She is currently the Marketing Manager for Hometeam Properties, where she’s been able to use her student housing knowledge to oversee all marketing efforts for the Company. In her spare time, she works as a Lead Coordinator for Cincy Event Planning, where their primary focus is wedding planning.
Follow Sydney on Twitter @sydneyclancy!
Here are some key takeaways:
- Working as a Marketing Coordinator for Northern Kentucky CVB allowed Sydney to market a destination and not just a product
- Agency life is not for everyone, so don’t feel discouraged if you feel drawn to a different direction!
- If you don’t feel like you are being challenged in your current position and there is not a lot of room for growth, don’t be afraid to branch out and try something new!
- “Wedding planning is not as glamorous as it sounds” It’s hard work!
- The closer to the wedding, the crazier it gets. Staying organized is super important for this reason.
- Research before an event is one of the most important things you can do to prepare for an event.
- Being able to think on your toes is a good quality to have because mistakes are bound to happen every once and awhile.
Sydney Davis is a senior studying strategic communication and the current VP of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Follow her on Twitter @_sydneyadavis.