Scripps PRSSA was more than pleased to welcome Mike Strauss from IBM iX in Columbus, OH to speak to the Chapter.
Mike is a North American Growth Lead for IBM iX in Columbus, Ohio. He leads the Integrated Business Development team for IBM iX in North America. In this role, Mike is responsible for both new and organic client growth across the 10 IBM iX Studios in the US and Canada. He also serves as the Business Development Lead for the IBM iX Studio in Columbus. Prior to joining IBM iX in 2016, Mike ran global Digital marketing strategy for Diebold Nixdorf. He is a graduate of the Scripps School.
Here are some key highlights:
- The average person in the US between the ages of 18-54 have an average of 12.3 jobs in their lifetime.
- The skills you are learning while you’re in school are critical your success no matter which job you end up in.
- When you go into the real world and start your first job, that’s when the learning actually starts.
- Don’t ever stop learning, push yourself and reinvent yourself.
- Not everyone is necessarily born a leader but leadership can be learned.
- You’re going to be working with larger teams and some may be located in other parts of the world.
- Work ethic, integrity and agility are crucial to your success after college.
- IBM has been around since 1911 – that’s a long time!
- IBM iX has been around since 1996 and has about 17,000 employees.
- IBM iX is responsible for designing strategies to meet immediate and future needs, creating future-shaping experiences that build brands and businesses, and leveraging technology in new ways to create competitive advantage.
Sydney Davis is a senior studying journalism, strategic communication and the current VP of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Follow her on Twitter @_sydneyadavis!