Scripps PRSSA was happy to welcome Caroline Medeiros on Monday, April 19. Caroline is currently a Public Relations Manager for Dunkin’ at Inspire Brands. In her role, she leads the development and execution of Dunkin’ U.S. PR activities across food and beverage categories, merch drops, CPG, sustainability, and partnerships. Previous to Dunkin, Caroline managed consumer products & services clients as an Account Manager with Matter Communications and served as a strategic storyteller as a Communications Manager with Chegg Inc.
Through her 10 years of experience, Caroline has worn many hats across PR, corporate, and internal communications, influencer marketing and social media. She has experience working both at PR agencies and internally, for world-renowned brands and for startups, through crises and through April Fool’s Campaigns.
- LinkedIn is so important to utilize. Repetition in this resource is crucial.
- Ask yourself if what you’re doing fits your brand.
- Change is going to happen in your career. Be aware and adaptable to that! Flexibility and comfort with change will make you a stronger professional.
- It can be difficult to have a brand voice, but you should share your own voice with your co-workers in order to combat this issue and work together to see what works best for your brand.
- Treat everything like a learning opportunity. Be eager to work and that will bring many learning opportunities.
- You must be ready to multitask in the field.
- Network, network, network. Grab a 10 minute virtual coffee! Having good mentors can be the best thing to have in this field.
- Know how to use different technical tools, such as Excel. Be familiar with different platforms such as Cision and Newswire.
Kelly Lambers is a junior studying journalism, strategic communication and is the 2020-21 VP of Member Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Follow her on Twitter here.