Scripps PRSSA welcomed Rachel O’Morrow to the meeting on Monday, September 13. Rachel currently works as a Senior Communications Specialist at NetJets. Her experience has primarily been in internal communications at NetJets. She is a dear friend and is a 2019 graduate of Ohio University. In her time here, she served as the Managing Director for our sister organization, 1804 Communication. During college, she interned at a nonprofit organization and eventually at NetJets.
Internal communications focuses on three aspects at NetJets: the audience, the goal and the method. She utilizes a unique software called Jetstream, while also other communication such as email. She works on crisis communication, develops communication strategies and supports miscellaneous initiatives.
- Lead, stay involved and be curious (more on that below).
- Making those genuine connections, especially in internships, can truly lead to something great.
- Be proactive with the needs of your employees when working in internal communications.
Three pieces of advice:
- You are the leader of yourself.
- Advocate for you.
- Know and understand your goals and values.
- Stay involved and connected.
- Get involved in what aligns with those goals and values.
- Opportunities will come if you genuinely care and desire them.
- Be curious.
- Always be willing to learn and ask questions.
- Get comfortable with the uncomfortable.
Connect with Rachel on LinkedIn here.