Scripps PRSSA welcomed Megan Newton to the November 22 meeting. Megan is a 2016 Ohio University alumni. She currently works as a Digital Marketing Manager at FORM. She has seven years of experience in digital marketing across the music, entertainment, tourism, arts + culture, and nonprofit industries, and she previously worked in Nashville, TN. Megan is a 2016 grad of the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism with specializations in communication studies and the music business.
- There are many facets to entertainment PR including: publicity, artist management, promotion and venue marketing.
- “It’s who you know.” Networking is crucial!
- Show real results and impacts on your resume, not just tasks.
- Gain as much experience as you can!
- Join a fun student organization, not PR focused to do on the side!
- Trust all of your accomplishments!
Connect with Megan on LinkedIn here.