Scripps PRSSA welcomed Kayla Carpenter to our meeting on Monday, January 24. Kayla is a manager on the Barbie Global Brand Marketing team at Mattel. She started off her career at Ohio University, on the strategic communications track at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. Kayla leads marketing strategy for Barbie fashion, environmental impact, and careers.
- Make sure you know your brand and you work to increase support for DE&I initiatives authentically.
- Brand perception is crucial! Show people where your brand stands and where it’s going.
- Marketing to your target audience (kids for Barbie) can be difficult but you need to find what engages them!
- Highlight your portfolio pieces to help lead you in interviews!
- Humanize your brand and share stories. This will appeal more to your consumers!
Connect with Kayla on LinkedIn here.