Alyssa joined Edelman Smithfield in late 2020 after working at Ketchum, where she worked across food and beverage brands. She graduated from Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism, a Social Media Certificate, and a specialization in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
As a Senior Account Executive at Edelman Smithfield, Alyssa provides marketing and communications services to a variety of clients including those in retirement, private equity, derivatives trading, venture capital and more. In her role, Alyssa specializes in communicating each client’s story to media to increase brand awareness and make critical company announcements. Additionally, she supports strategic business objectives, event and conference coordination, and award applications.
In her free time, Alyssa likes to care for her numerous plants, hang with her Goldendoodle, and spend time outside.
- Agency life consists of lots of media and media relations, researching competitors, reading the news, administrative work, and random things.
- Get experience with media relations and pitching before you graduate if you can!
- Lean onto your team and ask them for specific resources that can help you.
- Expect change in a way you’ve never felt before, and growth, resiliency, and newfound trust in yourself and your abilities, too. Give yourself space and time to grow up.
- Think of your career as a marathon – stay in your lane and worry about your own time instead of focusing on how well others are doing.
Connect with Alyssa on LinkedIn here.
Ellie Coldiron is a senior studying communication studies and pursuing minors in advertising/public relations and psychology at Ohio University. She serves as the Vice President of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA and Managing Director of 1804 Communication. Connect with her on LinkedIn here and Twitter here.