René Robers is an eCommerce and Shopper Marketeer with more than 10 years of CPG marketing experience. She currently shares her professional time and talent with Heineken USA as Senior Manager, eCommerce Lead. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Cincinnati, with a minor in Journalism and a certificate in Public Relations in 2008. René is a voracious reader, loves to host and entertain, and actively supports women’s causes, including her current role as President-Elect of the Junior League of Cincinnati, outgoing Communications Officer of NextUp Cincinnati, was recently appointed Chair of the Heineken’s Women’s Leadership Forum, and sits on the board of Dress for Success Cincinnati. René was recognized by the Cincinnati Business Courier as a 2021 Forty Under 40 honoree.
- Learn about what support and resources an organization offers when you’re interviewing.
- Know who you are and leverage your strengths.
- Take time to build connections.
- Hone your writing skills.
- Be resilient and trust the timing.
- Lead from every seat.
- Embrace lifelong learning.
- Always give grace.
- You get out what you put in.
- Block out a full hour to take a lunch break everyday.
- Be who you needed when you were younger!
Connect with René on LinkedIn here.
Ellie Coldiron is a senior studying communication studies and pursuing minors in advertising/public relations and psychology at Ohio University. She serves as the Vice President of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA and Managing Director of 1804 Communication. Connect with her on LinkedIn here and Twitter here.