By Marisa Dockum
Scripps PRSSA is pleased to gain an eighth professional Adviser, Zach Wright. Zach is a Social Media Strategist at Razorfish in Chicago, Illinois. He has already played an vital role in the successes we have accomplished this year. Zach served as a panelist during our first ever PR Career Week and he has assisted multiple members with internship hunting.
Zach made time to answer a few questions as an introduction to Chapter members:
- What stood out to you most about Ohio University’s PRSSA Chapter?
- Zach: What stood out most to me, was just how driven the members were. Every single person I have connected with from the Ohio Chapter, has displayed such a passion, and such a willingness to not only take advice, but to learn from and apply it.
- What are you looking forward to most with being a Professional Adviser?
- Zach: I am most looking forward to connecting with each and every member of the group and figuring out how I can help guide them to a successful career.
- Looking back, if you could tell your college self one thing, what would it be?
- Zach: Join PRSSA! Also, I would tell myself that it’s ok to not know exactly what I want to do yet, and that I should explore my curiosities to the fullest.
- What is your preferred definition of public relations?
- Zach: I define PR as, creating and defining cultural moments and movements.
- What is your favorite aspect of PR and social media?
- Zach: My favorite aspect is when you’re able to actually affect people’s lives. Whether it’s through customer service, or through a message.
Please join me in welcoming Zach to Scripps PRSSA by tweeting at him, @zacharywright. We are happy to have him as our newest professional adviser!