I wanted to thank you for allowing me to come in and speak with you all yesterday. It was really a great experience for me to see so many driven and motivated people in one room! I know many of you were not able to connect with me after or before the panel so I wanted to extend an open invitation to connect with me, so that we can foster and grow our relationship.
I want you all to know how impressed I am with you, and frankly how jealous I am that you have such a well run and great organization built where you can be surrounded by passionate and knowledgeable people.
I encourage you all to continue to use the Scripps PRSSA to challenge each other, to grow and to continue to strive to get better. Never settle, and always keep fighting for what you want and what you’re passionate about.
You have all inspired me to want to be better, and to keep searching out challenges so that I can continue to grow.
I have every confidence that you will all do great things one day, and I am excited to connect with you so that I can bare witness to just how great all of you are! Please also feel free to use me as a resource for any questions you have or anything else you may need. I am always available to help (except when Kansas is playing in basketball.)
On that note I have shared my personal social media links with you below, and I hope that we are able to connect and keep in touch!
Thank you all again!
By Marisa Dockum
Scripps PRSSA is pleased to gain an eighth professional Adviser, Zach Wright. Zach is a Social Media Strategist at Razorfish in Chicago, Illinois. He has already played an vital role in the successes we have accomplished this year. Zach served as a panelist during our first ever PR Career Week and he has assisted multiple members with internship hunting.
Zach made time to answer a few questions as an introduction to Chapter members:
- What stood out to you most about Ohio University’s PRSSA Chapter?
- Zach: What stood out most to me, was just how driven the members were. Every single person I have connected with from the Ohio Chapter, has displayed such a passion, and such a willingness to not only take advice, but to learn from and apply it.
- What are you looking forward to most with being a Professional Adviser?
- Zach: I am most looking forward to connecting with each and every member of the group and figuring out how I can help guide them to a successful career.
- Looking back, if you could tell your college self one thing, what would it be?
- Zach: Join PRSSA! Also, I would tell myself that it’s ok to not know exactly what I want to do yet, and that I should explore my curiosities to the fullest.
- What is your preferred definition of public relations?
- Zach: I define PR as, creating and defining cultural moments and movements.
- What is your favorite aspect of PR and social media?
- Zach: My favorite aspect is when you’re able to actually affect people’s lives. Whether it’s through customer service, or through a message.
Please join me in welcoming Zach to Scripps PRSSA by tweeting at him, @zacharywright. We are happy to have him as our newest professional adviser!