Mel Helitzer was an OHIO faculty member in the 80s after a long career in advertising. Prior to that, he was a journalist and his career essentially captured what the strategic communication program at Scripps encompasses.
- Weber Shandwick is one of the world’s largest PR company with over 4,000 employees and in 79 cities.
- “In both journalism and public relations, storytelling is paramount.”
- Facebook bought the ability to distribute content when they bought out Instagram and it will remain as great as the content that is produced. We are living in a time of fascination for new technology.
- Distributors are only as good as the content they distribute.
- Writers are empowered to tell good stories by the information they have.
- You can always improve your writing and storytelling.
- Deadlines and creativity can work very well together.
- Don’t underestimate the value of all the communications you have with potential employers.
- Finding a job opening is secondary. You need to establish relationships and keep a dialogue going. This things will come back around.