Scripps PRSSA was more than pleased to welcome Elizabeth Carroll from JPMorgan Chase & Co. to speak to the Chapter.
Elizabeth Carroll is a Relationship Manager for JPMorgan Chase’s Home Lending business, acting as a liaison between internal business partners and external investors to drive transformation within the industry. In her previous experience at Chase, Carroll led the Procedures Team through significant internal and regulatory changes, and then, driven by her passion for people and for doing the right thing, created a team focused on fulfilling the needs of unique customer segments. Additionally, Carroll leads development and culture initiatives across the Columbus market and Home Lending.
Carroll is a graduate of Ohio University’s Scripps School of Journalism and, obtained her MBA from Capital University. An avid cyclist and board member of the Columbus Friends of the Library, Carroll resides in New Albany, Ohio with her husband, son, and daughter.
Connect with Elizabeth on LinkedIn here!
Key highlights include:
- Always take on more! Don’t just strictly stick to your assigned job duties. If another opportunity arrises, don’t be afraid to take it on.
- “I firmly believe you can go do any job with a degree in journalism.”
- D+I is very important at JPMorgan Chase & Co. – diversity goes deeper than physical differences.
- “You are allowed to be picky!”
- When applying for a job or internship, take what they give you in the job posting and add it to your resume (only if it’s true!)
- When it comes to negotiating salary, know that there are more to your benefits than just salary.
Sydney Davis is a senior studying journalism, strategic communication and the current VP of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA. Connect with her on LinkedIn here!