Scripps PRSSA welcomed our first in-person speaker since March 2020 to the meeting on Monday, September 20. Sara Legarsky serves as the Senior Director of Athletic Communications at Ohio University. As media has progressed, so has her position title over time. She works to keep statistics for the teams, conducts interviews and writes recaps.
- You don’t have to specialize in something in order to work on it, skills can be adapted.
- Community with the brand you work for is important (ex. the fans of athletics).
- Sometimes things happen unexpectedly and you need to be prepared for that by being adaptable.
- Creating relationships with local media is important in this field and can determine the timing of a story.
- Organize and prioritize your time. Keep that work/life balance going!
- Pushing the positive about your brand can minimize the influence of any negatives that people may point out.
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn here.