As the IBM iX Spark Team Lead in the Americas, Mike is responsible for driving client-centric growth for IBM iX and IBM Consulting. He also serves as the strategic communications, storytelling, and business growth leader. Simultaneously, he owns a digital marketing consultancy, co-foundeda digital agencies within full-service agencies, and held leadership roles in digital and integrated agencies.
Mike holds a B.S.C. from the Scripps School and currently lives in the Cleveland area. Prior to joining IBM iX in 2016, Mike ran global digital marketing strategy for Diebold Nixdorf. Mike brings over 30 years of diverse agency, consulting and client-side experience in improving outcomes across marketing, communications, digital strategy, customer experience, technology, and business development domains.
- Go to work with a goal to learn something new every day.
- You need to able to creatively solve problems, work in teams, take the opportunity to do new things, and problem solve.
- Make sure you can balance your left and right brain to tell effective stories that are based in facts.
- Gain experience any way you can.
- Network with as many people as you can within your field.
- Show off your technical skills.
- Always be curious and willing to learn.
- Embrace change.
- Have a perspective.
- Add value to your project and team.
- Ditch social media to collaborate and interact with people face-to-face.
- Think big!
Connect with Mike on LinkedIn here.
Ellie Coldiron is a senior studying communication studies and pursuing minors in advertising/public relations and psychology at Ohio University. She serves as the Vice President of Public Relations for Scripps PRSSA and Managing Director of 1804 Communication. Connect with her on LinkedIn here and Twitter here.